Monday 15 February 2010

Image of the Week - Weddings



Seems quite apt that I stumbled across this week's favourite image on Valentine's Day as Danny and Katie's story was one of pure, unconditional love and I will always remember photographing their special day.

As a Yorkshire wedding photographer, I get to work with some amazing couples, but Dan and Katie were extra special in my eyes. Their wedding was originally booked for the late part of July at the amazing Elsham Hall in North Lincolnshire. I received a call from Danny mid May to say that the plans for the wedding were changing, I held my breath as I didn't know what was to come, but a sigh of relief was vented when he told me that he and Katie wanted to bring the wedding forward. The reason being.....Kate was pregnant! Not only was she pregnant but Katie was carrying twins! I was so delighted for them both and totally understood Katie wanting to get into her gorgeous dress before she wouldn't be able to fit in it!

I've added an image from their wedding pre-shoot, first of all because I think it's a beautiful shot but mainly because I'll never forget how I felt when I took it. We had to arrange our pre-shoot pretty sharpish after I found out the wedding was to be moved forward so we arranged to meet down on the Hessle foreshore. We had a lot of fun capturing different looks but the image above was so poignant - not only were their lives becoming one but they were bringing 2 more lives into their relationship to share with them.

Dan and Kate had a beautiful baby boy and girl about 6 months after their wedding and I was really honoured when they invited me to photograph them as a family a few months ago.

No comments: