Friday 24 September 2010

Image of the Week - Lifestyle Portraits

This week's image of choice came from a lifestyle session from last weekend. As a portrait photographer I much prefer shooting outside than in the studio. Don't get me wrong, I do offer studio sessions and for larger groups, it works really well but give me the great outdoors anyday!

I find working in the natural environment has a more laid back feel to it, especially when I'm working with children. The shoot that this image of Poppy comes from took place down on the Hessle Foreshore, East Yorkshire where there are a plethora of nooks and crannies to explore with the kids. This image came from the last part of the shoot where i took the kids to a railway overpass that I like to use for it's guaranteed light, 'grungy look' and shelter from the rain!

The result is vibrant, modern and cheeky at the same time. With Xmas only 3 months away, I am starting to book in portrait sessions now and will be outside as much as possible. it's great to let the kids express themselves with cool accessories and have a real experience - it brings families together and the pace/atmosphere of the sessions leads to great images.

To see more examples of my lifestyle portraits, take a look at my portfolio here.

No comments: