Friday 31 December 2010

Adrian & Priyai - Lazaat - 23rd December

As an East Yorkshire Wedding Photographer, my last wedding of the year was with Adrian and Priyai on the 23rd December. I had only met them about 5 weeks before their big day as they were engaged in October and got a wedding organised for December - that's pretty good going in my book!

The wedding ceremony and celebrations were held at Lazaat in Cottingham, a place I'm very familiar with as I used to run the restaurant there many moons ago. It was great to shoot there again as Lazaat really is one of the most unique venues in our area. The decor is an intoxicating blend of modern elements such as glass and chrome which is softened all around with beautiful Persian decor.

I arrived about an hour before the ceremony to get organised and await the arrival of the wedding party, I had a good chat with both Adrian and Priyai's families who were both charming and I knew it was going to be a lovely day. The wedding itself was very emotional and led to some beautiful images. It was way too cold to shoot the group photographs outside and I certainly wouldn't put a wedding party through that with the recent weather we've all experienced, so we took care of the groups in the hotel's lobby and utilised the modern spiral staircase for framing.

I took Adrian and Priyai for a very brief 'penny drop' session outside but we could only stand about 10 minutes before we were all begging to be back inside (and I had a jacket on!)

Speeches were great to shoot with lots of proud stories and funny anecdotes finished off with the cutting of the cake.

All in all a great afternoon with a really gorgeous set of images to share with Adrian and Priyai.

No comments: