Wednesday 25 May 2011

Image of the Week - Carl & Louise

Please click on image to open in bigger window.

In my work as a Yorkshire Wedding Photographer, I often see scenes when I am driving in my car that just beg to be used on a wedding day. The yellow rape seed fields of East Yorkshire have long been on my list to shoot against but for some reason, location and timing haven't presented the perfect opportunity until a couple of weeks ago when I photographed Louise and Carl's special day at Rudstone Walk just outside of my home village of South Cave.

We drove down to this field in the early evening before evening guests arrived as I had spied it on my way to the venue and knew that this was my opportunity. I think the bride and groom sensed my excitement as I worked with them for about 20 minutes to create some beautiful images shot against the fading light. I could hardly keep still on top of my ladder I was so chuffed to be in the right place at the right time and I alsmost fell off a couple of times!

I shared Carl and Louise's wedding story with them a couple of nights ago and they loved this section of the photography and are planning on using one of these shots as a double page spread in their A3 sized album.

No comments: