Saturday 18 June 2011

Chris and Vicky - Cave Castle Hotel - 17th June

Click image to open in larger window.

As a Yorkshire Wedding photographer, yesterday found me back at one of my most regular and favourite venues in East Yorkshire – Cave Castle Hotel.

I had the pleasure of photographing Chris and Vicky's big day and although Mother Nature wanted to get the best of us, we dodged her bullets to get an awesome photographic story!

Both the bride and groom made their preparations at the Castle, so for me it was a relatively late start to day as I joined Chris at just after 11 to photograph his getting ready. Chris is a Humber Pilot and his job requires an enormous amount of skill, knowledge and focus but I'm sure he could do very well in stand up comedy – he really is one of the funniest, driest blokes I've met for a long time!

Equally as funny is our Bride Vicky who works as an emergency planning officer! I photographed her and the girls getting ready in the bridal suite and had an absolute scream! Vicky looked fantastic and with the support of her Nana Joyce, made her way down to the Balmoral Suite to marry her man during a gorgeous civil ceremony.

About 10 minutes into the formal group shots, the heavens opened and we had to put our wet weather plan into action however the champagne kept lowing and the show went on!

Speeches were followed by an amazingly talented singer who got the party started very early, the dance floor was full by 7.15 and stayed that way all night!

Chris and Vicky's first dance was followed by a spectacular firework display I then left them to party the night away. The bride and groom are honeymooning in Thailand but will take in a Kings of Leon show in Manchester before they leave on Sunday – so jealous!

No comments: