Monday 6 June 2011

Leanne and James - Lazaat Hotel - 28th May

Please click image to view in a larger window.

As a Yorkshire Wedding Photographer, I had the pleasure of spending Leanne and James' big day with them at Lazaat Hotel and Restaurant weekend before last.

I spent the morning with James and his best man as they got ready in the sleepy village of Burstwick and we got some killer shots in the house and out on the street. James was quite nervous about giving his speech later on in the day and I was honoured for him to ask me for some advice - I told him to make sure he thanked the right people, but first and foremost to make sure that he made his wife feel like a million dollars - and that he did! His speech was so genuine and heartfelt and I felt incredibly proud to have been a small part of that!

After leaving the boys, I travelled to Beverley to spend the rest of the morning with Leanne, our bride, and her family. I hadn't met Leanne's family, but they were a lovely bunch! The light was perfect in the house and I got some great bridal portraits before heading off to Lazaat.

A perfect civil ceremony was held at the Hotel followed by group shots in Lazaat's wedding gardens. Some of you will know that I worked for Lazaat when I first came home from Canada. At that time, the area which is now the wedding gardens was scrub land. It has now been transformed into a superb environment for a wedding party's group photography including pagodas, beautifully maintained gardens and an ornamental bridge. It really is a pleasure to shoot there.

After the wedding breakfast, I took Leanne and James for their "Penny Drop Session' around the grounds and used some of the contemporary features in the interior of the hotel. The cake cut and first dance where a joy to shoot from a photographer's point of view - the DJ had the most awesome lazer lights which made a really modern effect - first dance shots can sometimes look a little bit static but I'm sure James and Leanne will love the dynamic look of their shots!

I'm, really looking forward to sharing the bride and groom's story with them when they get back from their honeymoon in Mexico next week!

No comments: