Saturday 25 June 2011

Mike & Sarah - Cave Castle Hotel - 24th June

Click on image above to open in a larger window.

As a Yorkshire Wedding Photographer I had the pleasure of spending yesterday with Sarah and Mike as they were married at Cave Castle Hotel.

One of the things that really stood out when I met the bride and groom for their wedding pre-shoot a couple of weeks ago was their enormous smiles and I hope you can see from the collage above what I'm talking about!

I spent the morning with Mike and the boys in Beverley as they got ready, Mike had 2 best men - 1 who had come all the way from Nice, France to be part of the day. After leaving the boys, I made my way to see Sarah and her girls whilst she made her final preparations. Sarah's Mum has been trained in 'the way of the corset' but was really struggling to tie it so I jumped in and finished it off - I've seen over 200 brides getting ready and it now seems to be one of my 'party tricks' and helps keep everyone calm.

The wedding and reception was all held at Cave Castle and once again the staff did an amazing job of keeping everything on track. Speeches were truly hilarious and emotional at the same time - especially Mike's! He was definitely welling up as he spoke but had such 'comedy' way of dealing with it.

After dinner entertainment was provided by Mike's pals who are in a band down in Nice, France and they sounded really great and got the dance floor hopping from an early time.

I left Mike and Sarah around 9ish with a full dance floor and I'm really looking forward to sharing their story with them in a couple of weeks time.

No comments: