Sunday 26 July 2009

Hull Portrait Photography - Simple is Best!


As a Hull Portrait Photographer, I can never get bored of this image. Shot in the doorway of my neighbour's house, this image of Elliot really shouts of what I love about capturing kids just being themselves. We didn't plan on this picture happening, but I had my camera ready to go for a wedding pre-shoot and when I saw how the sky was bathing his face with such soft, wrappy light I knew that this would be a wonderful image.

The picture was shot with a Nikon D700 fitted with a Nikon 70-200mm 2.8VR lens (totally my favourite lens in the whole world). I think the exposure was around 1/500 @ 2.8 400iso.

My family sessions are all about capturing the true nature of children, really trying to get a feel for what makes them tick and then watching as they play out that true nature. I love my job and wouldn't do anything else in the world, to share with parents the beautiful images of their children makes it so rewarding.

If you would like any more information about my portrait service or if you want tips on how to improve your portrait photography, please drop me a line!

No comments: