Wednesday 1 September 2010

Graeme & Lucy - Reeds Hotel, Barton Upon Humber 29th August

As a Yorkshire Wedding Photographer, I only have a couple of months of weddings left before the season starts to mellow a little and I have to say that August has been my busiest month ever (hence the lack of blog posts). 2010 has been an amazing year and I have only had 1 wet weather day over the Summer and this has made for really stunning weddings.

Graeme and Lucy were married on Sunday of last week at the Reeds Hotel on the shores of the River Humber and it was a really special day. I've known the bride and groom as friends for quite some time and was really honoured when they asked me to capture their special day.

I joined Graeme at 8am to photograph his preparations at the hotel with his Best Man and his nephew who had flown in from Australia for the wedding. I always love my time spent with the boys getting ready, it's always a fun filled hour with tonnes of laughs as they prepare for the day ahead.

Once we had spent some time around the hotel's awesome gardens, I left Graeme and headed back across the Humber Bridge to see Lucy whilst she got ready. Her Mum's house was just perfect with lots of natural light for my lens to soak up and a gaggle of giggling girlies to photograph. Lucy looked absolutely gorgeous in her stunning gown and I could have photographed her all day!

The ceremony was back across the river at the hotel and what a tear jerker it was! Graeme had prepared his own personal vows to give to Lucy and I must admit that I was holding back my own tears as I watched them share their words with each other. I am so privileged to experience moments like this and from the vantage point I establish - I get the best seats in the house!

After group shots on the lakeside, we took the bride and groom for their 'Penny Drop Session' in a gorgeous, white Rolls Royce. The wind was blowing gale force and after exploring the shores of the River, we decided to abort the mission and find somewhere inland that was a little more sheltered. The wheat fields that we found had been cut but not baled so there were some lovely lines and shapes to use for the bride and groom's feature images.

We arrived back at the Hotel for a beautiful meal followed by hilarious speeches. The 'night-do' turned out to be a real ding dong with a double decker bus delivering another 40 revellers to join the party.

I can't wait to share my collection of images with Graeme and Lucy when they return from their honeymoon in the Dominican Republic. They are not only great clients to work with, but true friends.

No comments: