Wednesday 8 September 2010

Image of the Week - Weddings

As a wedding photographer in East Yorkshire, I love the variety of couples that I get to work with. Tony and Charlotte, in the picture above, were a really great, laid back couple who were a joy to work at. They held their very intimate affair for 25 people at the Barnhouse in Walkington - one of my very favourite places to shoot smaller weddings in our area and if any of my readers havn't discovered this gem of a hotel please do check out there website - it's one of the most unique places to stay!

I love Tony and Charlotte's photo for so many different reasons - the backlighting was just perfect on Charlotte's dress, their stance is reminiscent of some of my favourite fashion images but I think my main reason for being drawn to it so much is the pure romance! Call me an old romantic but the powerful connection between the bride and groom draws me in and keeps me within the frame - Charlotte and Tony are very much in love and it was such a joy to be able to capture very natural images without having to give much direction at all.

Most of my couples are not interested in highly posed or contrived images so working with such a natural couple like Charlotte and Tony makes my job as an observer and recorder of weddings so much easier.

For the complete story of Charlotte and Tony's day, please take a look at their gallery on Insight's website

No comments: