Wednesday 27 October 2010

Image of the Week - Weddings

My style as a Yorkshire Wedding Photographer develops all the time. I'm constantly exposing myself to influences from the whole gamut of the art world. I study old masters (Rembrandt was a master of light and he's a particular fave of mine), I read fashion magazines and watch movies looking for an angle or an edge that might creep into the compositions on a wedding day.

This shot of Rebecca came from her wedding last week at The KP Club in Pocklington - this venue offers the fashion/art conscious wedding photographer nothing short of an image safari! The technique I used is nothing novel, I read about it and seen it many times in books and training courses but never used it in my own work. the weather wasn't exactly perfect last weekend and I knew that I had to create some winning images inside. The texture of the stone wall and the spotlighting effect reminds me of the old 'film noir' look and I'll definitely be exploring this more at this week's wedding at Ramada Jarvis.

No comments: