Sunday 31 October 2010

Nic & Nicky - Holy Trinity & Ramada Hull

As an East Yorkshire Wedding Photographer my season is just about at an end. I do have some smaller weddings to shoot through the Winter but yesterday was the last 'biggie' and what a way to finish up!

Nic and Nicky were married at Holy Trinity Church in Hull, an absolutely stunning building which is over 700 years old and in the Guiness Book of World records as being the largest parish church in England. They just don't make churches like this anymore and I felt really awe inspired just being inside!

I spent the morning with the boys as per usual photographing their preparations and getting to know the groomsmen. Mother Nature smiled down on us, the weather was stunning a very crisp but bright and sunny morning lent itself to some great shots outside. I left Nic at about 10.30 and headed over to the Ramada Hotel where the bride was getting ready with her bridesmaids and family. I spent a couple of hours documenting the girls getting ready with Michael Jackson pumping out the soundtrack.

The service itself was pretty unique. Nic is a soldier in the Royal Corp of Signals and Nicky has been a band member of the territorial Army for some time so as she arrived at the church she was greeted by a troupe of Army buglers, the sound they made carried around the church and gave one of the most dramatic entrances to a wedding I have ever witnessed. Nicky's Mum had secretly arranged for a snowy owl to deliver the rings from the back of the church and I thought i was in the middle of a Tolkien novel as this magnificent creature swooped down onto the best man's gloved hand with the wedding rings tied in a pouch. All I can say is WOW!

We used the church for the group shots and headed to the Ramada for the rest of the day. Nic is being posted to Germany in the next couple of weeks and his wife will follow in the early 2011 to start a new life over there. I wish them all the best of luck for their future and can honestly say it was a superb wedding to wind the season down with - I even won £2 on a scratch card that the bride's mum gave me - RESULT!

No comments: