Thursday 4 August 2011

Finally - The Stig is Revealed...

Facebook friends and followers will have noticed my talking about a new addition to the Insight Family recently but I couldn't reveal his true identity and simply referred to him as 'The Stig'!

I'm happy to say that secrecy is now by the wayside and I'm proud to welcome Josh into the business. Insight has grown and grown since I started out on this crazy journey 5 years ago and this Summer I realised it was simply impossible to do it all alone.

Big respect goes out to my former assistant JB who is now living the life of Riley as a lighting technician out in Dubai and no amount of persuasion would bring him back to the UK so I had to find a replacement.

I met Josh in the village local pub and we chatted about his mutual love of photography, over time I offered him some assisting work and it soon became apparent that he had masses of potential.

Josh is now my 'Digital Asset Manager' and is helping with the back end of the masses of editing and administration that goes with the territory of being a very busy wedding/commercial photographer. He's just started a year long NVQ in IT Management and over time will be getting involved in the digital media/marketing programme that I am rolling out over the next 6 months.

The pictures above have been taken at recent weddings and I love the one in the middle of Josh with the baby/. This was taken at once of last week's weddings and baby belonged to one of the groomsmen. I needed to get some shots of all the boys walking together so Josh became an instant Nanny!

I hope you'll all join me in wishing Josh all the best of luck in his new role and also raise a glass to wish him happy 18th for tomorrow!

No comments: