Sunday 4 September 2011

Katie & Mike's Wedding - The KP Club, East Yorkshire

As a Yorkshire Wedding Photographer, I spent yesterday with Katie and Mike as they celebrated their marriage between St Andrew's Church in Kirkella and The KP Club in Pocklington.

What a fantastic day! Katie and Mike are such a lovely couple, they have the type of personalities that just make you feel good - a joy to be with and to photograph.

The day started early with a visit to the boys as they got ready in Swanland. I knew we were in for a hoot as I met the Groomsmen as I felt like I had walked right onto the set of a sit-com! Lee - the Best Man - was a natural performer and he had no trouble throwing down 3 amazing looks during our portrait session - namely (a) Blue Steel (b) Panther and (c) The Amazing Le Tigre! My sides were aching as I left to head to see the Bride.

I arrived at The KP Club mid morning and joined Katie with the Girls in the amazing lodges in the grounds. They really do make the most fantastic setting and my camera just loves them! Katie looked fabulous and her dress was really divine.

Katie and Mike had both sent presents for each other to open during the morning and Katie's present was class! Mike had bought her an iPad and he had recorded a video diary for her to watch - it was so emotional to watch and photograph as she viewed it.

After photographing Katie with the girls, Mum and Dad, I set off for the ride back to Kirkella where the ceremony was held.

The wedding was held by a vicar I have never worked with before and he was just awesome. I'm not a Christian, but I thought to myself that if I was - I would be hanging at this guy's church!

We did half of the group shots in the church yard and then set off for the 45 minute ride back to the KP Club were Paul Hannon and his staff hosted a fantastic wedding breakfast. The speeches were touching, poignant and hilarious all at the same time - The Best Man was definitely on top form!

I left Katie and Mike grooving to the sounds of a live soul band and I just know they will have partied deep into the night!

No comments: